May 25th looks like it’s going to be a special day for all of us geeks out there; I guess it’s Geek Pride day. Until just this week I was unaware of this fact. I’m just terrible at the internets. I knew that the 25th is International Towel Day but geek pride day is news to me. From what I could gather from a cursory search of the tubes it all started back in 2006 (in Spain of all places. Spain just got some geek cred for that one!). I’m always looking for a day to both party and show off my geek side.
So since it’s geek pride day on May 25th I have decided to give away some kick ass geek shit! I’ll start announcing the stuff I’m giving away today and add a few things to the list through out the next two weeks. The rules will be simple:
- Anyone who leaves a comment on any post between now and the 25th will be entered into the drawing
- Anyone who follows me on twitter (@Thadeousc) between now and May 25th will be entered.
- Anyone who likes Geek-Cred on Facebook will be entered.
- Doing each of these will gain you one entry into the contest.
- The prize you receive will be random, but letting me know in your comment, via Twitter, or Facebook might sway me.
- If you already follow me on Twitter or like Geek Cred on Facebook leave a comment here on this post and let me know and I’ll give you your extra entries
- International readers may be asked to help pick up some of the shipping cost.
- I reserve the right to end this contest, change the rules, and make shit up at any time.
- The game, you just lost it.
- Any winner who does not respond to the announcement of their victory with in 10 days will forfeit the prize to me so I can play with it.
- Be awesome to one another.
There we go, some awesome rules for an awesome give away. I guess I should tell everyone about the first thing I’m giving away.
For anyone who loves Dungeons and Dragons, awesome miniatures, or just winning cool looking stuff I give you:
Orcus Prince of Undeath
From the Wizards of the Coast website -
“Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead, is one of the most powerful demon lords of the Abyss. He commands legions of followers, living and dead, and he takes great pleasure in the suffering of others. During his eternal reign, Orcus has vanquished hundreds of mighty heroes and destroyed countless kingdoms. With every conquest, he adds the corpses of fallen enemies to his vast undead army.
One of the greatest villains of the Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game, Orcus sets out to destroy the world of the living and rule over the undead. Can your adventurers stand against this vile demon prince?”
This thing is not just sealed in the box it’s still in the box’s box. I got this from a friend at Wizards a year or two ago but I already own one so I thought I would hold onto it for a while until I could figure out what it would be good for. I think it would make a great international geek pride day gift, though I had considered giving it to my mom on mothers day.
Like I said I own one of these and it is sick as hell. Even if you don’t play D&D, Orcus looks pretty badass on any desk. Nothing says,”This desk belongs to a winner”, like Orcus, Prince of Undeath standing guard over it. So all you Dungeons and Dragons fans out there, and all you collectors of awesome desk art, this might be yours come May 25th. Let the commenting begin.